Most people who consider flight training usually begin with many questions regarding the types of flying schools and the differences between them. Some flight schools are regulated by the Federal Aviation Administration and the Federal Aviation Regulations, which are the federal laws that govern all aviation activities.

The Federal Aviation Regulations are often referred to as the “FARs,” and they are divided into many different parts. Each part regulates a different aspect of aviation activity. For example, FAR Part 91 regulates aircraft operations and the flying “rules of the road.” As a FAA approved flying school, we are regulated by FAR Part 141 and Part 61, which serve as our guidelines.


Anderson Aviation, Inc. is certified under FAR Part 141 regulations as an FAA approved flying school. “Approved flying school” means that Anderson’s entire operation as a flight school has been examined, inspected and approved by the FAA. This includes not only requiring safe airplanes and comprehensive maintenance, but also complete business offices, training classrooms, pilot briefing areas, training aids and audio-visual equipment. Also, our training courses, syllabi of ground and flight lessons and our tests have been approved by the FAA. Each instructor who teaches in a part 141 school must be personally checked by the chief flight instructor. The chief flight instructor, which is part of the required personnel, must meet strict time requirements and instructing experience. Because of the stringent requirements that must be met in order to be a Part 141 certified flight school, studying under Part 141 is the most efficient way to systematically cover all subject matter necessary in order to be well prepared for the written, oral and flight tests.


A flying school that is not certified as an “approved flying school” is a school which operates under FAR part 61 regulations. Part 61 regulations specify only the minimum requirements for licensing of pilots and flight instructors. These requirements concern only the minimum subject areas of aeronautical knowledge and flight training, and the minimum amount of flight instruction and solo practice required in order to qualify for a pilot license.

Ground school is not required under Part 61 and students may obtain their aeronautical knowledge completely by self-study. Of course, all pilots require some amount of ground instruction; however this is not required under Part 61 regulations.

A Part 61 school is an operation which basically rents aircraft and has licensed flight instructors on staff to provide flight and ground instruction. Such a school may have office spaces, classrooms, briefing areas, training aids, and audio-visual equipment for the benefit of the students, but these facilities are not required by the FAA under 61. Such a school is not required to have a syllabus of pilot training lessons or tests, and is not required to have a chief flight instructor. The lessons and tests are not inspected and approved by the FAA. What the FAA does inspect is primarily the maintenance and safety of the school’s aircraft.

levitra purchasecheapzithromax reviews